Friday, January 18, 2013

All About Me

My Name is Miss Caitlin Wimer.
I'm a Sophomore at Edinboro University, majoring in Early Childhood Education.
Despite being a full time student and working at a daycare part time, I still love to adventure in my spare time.
This is my cat Bridgette. She's my Princess...Basically my Daughter :]
 
Music is a HUGE part of my life. There's nothing better than getting in the car with your friends, and driving to the city to go to a show. I've been attending many shows/concerts since I was in Junior High. Here is a video of one of my favorite bands, Stray from the Path
I recently took a road trip to go see this band in November with a few of my friends. We went to Buffalo, NY.
 
So, just from viewing this post so far you can tell that I'm very interested in cats and music. I also enjoy hanging out with my friends in my free time, going camping, music festivals, tattoos, writing, shopping, and baking.
 
Things you might not know about me:
  • I graduated from LPPACS (Lincoln Park Performing Arts Charter School) in 2011.
  • I was in the writing department. I like to write fiction, non-fiction, and I attempt to write poetry....attempt.
  • I have 5 tattoos. None are visible though! Most represent family and major events in my life.
  • I'm not the typical Education major, but in my opinion it's good to be different, as long as you're always keeping it professional and classy!
What are my first impressions of this class? :
I feel as though I am really going to enjoy Technology for Education. I am excited to learn about different programs and bring something different to the table when I am doing my field work and student teaching. I want my students to have fun learning in an enviorment where they can express themselves through art and up to date technology.
 
What are my expectations of this class? :
I expect to be able to learn how to use new programs and technology and bring what I learn in the class into my field and student teaching placements. I want to be able to share what I learn in class with my students to better their education in my classroom.
 
How would you rate your technology skills? :
I am able to do most things on a PC. I can use all Microsoft programs, I am a pretty speedy typer, and I can get a feel for most websites, and self learn how to use it. I am a Mac user at the moment. I took Media classes in High school that taught me how to use I-Movie and I-Photo. I can make music videos, create movies, and edit pictures on a Mac. I downloaded Microsoft programs on my mac, and I'm not very familiar with a lot of the apps for Mac. But I know a lot about pc's , and somewhat about macs.
 
How do I use technology in my current learning and studies? :
I use my other blog a lot to reach out to other educators for ideas of lesson plans, classroom management, etc. I use Microsoft word very frequently to type papers. I use powerpoints for presentations, and I can make videos in I-Movie to add a nice touch to any presentation, but i would like to learn more.
 
What is my philosophy about technology in the classroom?
It is very important for students to use technology in the classroom. Technology isn't leaving us anytime soon, it is only getting more advanced. It is important to understand as a teacher, a part of our job is to get our hands on the newest technology, get a grasp of it, and try and get it into the classroom as soon as possible. To spruce up a lesson, it is good to use technology. Children love playing with technology. In order to achieve the classroom I want it is important to learn how to use technology and teach my children how to use technology so they have fun while learning. The classroom I want to achieve is a fun, safe learning enviorment. And, after being able to take this class hopefully I will be able to achieve just that.
 
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Come back soon for other things I will be doing this semester!

16 comments:

  1. Caitlin I love your background on your blog! You have to show me how to change mine!I didn't know that you were so into writing, maybe you could add some of your writings to your blog. It would really help to make you stand out! Looking forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the way you set up your blog! I feel that this blog post did a perfect job with introducing yourself and hitting all of the main points. Plus, now I know who to come to when I need help with anything technology or writting papers!! You alwasy keep it interesting so im excited to see your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin, what got me was your cat picture; ADORABLE! Also, I too have tattoos (that are not visible) and that represent my family. I believe that tattoos should represent important people or events in someones life, rather than off-the-wall nonsense.
    I think that you will make a wonderful teacher for the simple reason that you do things differently than everyone else. That is what makes you, YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat is so cute! I think that you will be an awesome teacher someday, so are so creative and fun! It makes you stand out in a very good way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of your cat she is very cute. I love the layout of your blog it's different and very simple to read. It's great to see you have a passion for music and, I'm sure you will be implementing it in your classroom. I didn't know you liked to write non-fiction and poetry. You will be a very creative teacher and, have a different style of teaching. I'm sure you're classroom will be excited to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caitlin your blog is awesome!!!! You sooooo have to come help me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, very decorative and attractive. Great topics ideas and ideas about everything

    ReplyDelete
  8. you should add what made you want to become a teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you organized your "All About Me." Great background of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked how this was organized! I am really involved in music here at Edinboro too. It's one of my minors. I love your philosophy and I'm really jealous that you went to a preforming arts school. I am also a big advocate of technology.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow you know how to write. not a big cat person myself (im allergic) i hope you like it here in edinboro

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the layout of this post. Very easy to navigate if I were grading it. And I couldn't agree more about being different but professional. That's a great way to put it! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the organization and neat appearance of this post! Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a cat lover too! They are definitely the best animals ever! I'm sort of sad because my boyfriend is allergic to them so I guess that I can't have one. :( I currently have a friend who is going to LPPACS. She is in the writing department and she writes poetry very well. Being different is a good thing. Who wants to be plain and ordinary anyway? It takes all types to make the world go around.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely adore the pictures of your cat! I have two cats myself back at home, and I used to have a lot of friendly barn cats growing up. Guess you can call me a cat lady!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoy your about me page! You gave a lot of cool facts that people would be interested to find out about someone. I like how you gave facts about you that not everyone may know, that is very cool!

    ReplyDelete