Saturday, April 6, 2013

My First Flipped Lesson!

I was introduced to "Flipped Lessons" in my Intro to Technology class, and I have to say I love the concept of flipped learning. It will only work if every student has a computer at home though, which is not something very common in Lawrence County. Although Flipped Learning seems to be more targeted for Middle - High school, I do feel as though it can be used in the Early Childhood Classroom setting. My flipped lesson was on finding the main idea, a simple concept that could be learned at home from watching this video. I enjoyed making my boards. I added a little "psychedelic" touch to mine :). My video needed two takes due to built up tension and screaming a not so "classroom appropriate" word at the end of my first video because I couldn't think of an ending. So, make sure you have your video planned out. I enjoyed doing this lesson, and this is definitely something I could see myself doing in my classroom as long as my students have the appropriate equipment. What I like about flipped learning is the fact that learning quick lessons = more in class time to actually apply what you have learned.



This is my first flipped learning lesson. It is on finding the "Main Idea" of a passage. This lesson is targeted towards a Third Grade class. Enjoy!

Peace, Love, and Happy Teachings - Miss Caitlin

1 comment:

  1. Great video! Your posts are so enthusiastic and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete